Our study tour programs run for two to four weeks, over the summer and winter semester breaks, and give you the opportunity to learn about industries in other countries and make a difference to the communities you visit.
Benefits of an overseas study tour
Academic-led, overseas study tours offer incredible learning experiences that combine the adventure of travel as well as the opportunity to gain 12.5 credit points (one full unit) of academic credit.
Other benefits also include:
- You’ll get the chance to travel with a group of like-minded Swinburne students and make new friends along the way.
- Study tours are led by an experienced Swinburne academic staff member.
- Through our partners, you’ll gain unique access to companies, industry and communities around the globe.
- You’re given the chance to continue your academic progress towards your degree and see the world in the process.
- A number of our Study Tours have New Colombo Plan funding available for eligible students- which means money in your pocket to help offset the costs.
Group trekking through the mountains and enjoying the sunshine
How do overseas study tours work?
Swinburne Abroad and academics work together to design our range of study tours.
When you register your interest or apply for a study tour, you’ll be invited to attend an information session to give you full details about what’s involved in that particular program. You’ll be guided through the application process by our team and kept up to date from the moment you apply until your tour departs.
Pre-departure sessions packed with helpful information about your tour will be organised and you’ll get plenty of opportunities to meet the other students in your study group before you depart.
You’ll be led by your Swinburne academic for the full tour and get the unique experience of visiting companies, industry and the local communities of the cities you are in. The study tour will also give you the opportunity to gain 12.5 credit points (one full unit) of academic credit through assessment pieces and reflections from your experience – which means you’ll be progressing towards your degree whilst seeing the world at the same time!
Sound like an incredible opportunity? It is! Check out our upcoming winter and summer study tours.