Benefits of doing a Professional Degree at Swinburne
Set yourself apart with a Professional Degree that provides you a full year of work experience before you graduate. A Professional Degree will allow you to:
- put your knowledge into practice in the workplace
- explore the avenues your career could take
- get paid while you’re still at uni
- add 12-months full-time relevant work experience to your résumé
- build your professional network
- test your work capabilities
- receive valuable mentoring and unique industry insights before you graduate
- maintain your student benefits.
Our Professional Degrees feature a mandatory 12-month placement, which is normally undertaken in your third year of study. You’ll be paid at award rates, receive academic credit, and gain real industry experience that will help you be job-ready when you graduate.
Professional Degree entry requirements
Our Professional Degrees are open to students who have completed the VCE or equivalent Australian Year 12 program and have the relevant ATAR entry score. Professional Degrees require a higher ATAR for entry than their corresponding bachelor degrees. Check the individual entry requirements for your preferred course.