Join our team of volunteers at Hawthorn as we introduce potential students and their parents to Swinburne and all that it offers.
What else do I need to know?
- This is a critical role – you will introduce our visitors to Swinburne.
- You’ll offer visitors direction to the courses they are interested in studying.
- Pack show bags with course guides and programs.
- You must know the Hawthorn campus extremely well.
- Be willing to chat to our visitors and share your student experience.
- This position is best suited to our most outgoing volunteers.
- Stay warm in one of our lecture theatres.
- You’ll make sure visitors are seated quickly prior to the start of each info session.
- Track attendance, ensure the presenter has what they need and be our point guard to let us know if the presenter doesn’t arrive!
- You’ll also manage the visitors as they exit the theatre, opening doors to ensure it is safe and timely.
- This position is best suited to our volunteers who can manage time effectively.
- You’ll be positioned in our high traffic areas.
- Actively seeking out visitors who are looking lost and need directions.
- Answer any questions our visitors may have.
- We’ll try our best to place you close to the location of the course you’re studying.
- This position is best suited to our most proactive volunteers.
- Behind every great tour is a great tour attendant!
- We need you to help keep the tours running smoothly, ensuring groups are lined up in the right spot and that the tour leaders take the correct group.
- You’ll also track attendance and let us know if the tour leader is late.
- This position is best suited to our most confident volunteers.
- This position will definitely cover off your gym session for the day.
- You’ll be on the go most of the day using trolleys to move course guides, programs and water.
- You’ll be a jack of all trades; crushing boxes, advising cleaners when the bins are full or bathrooms need attention, and running extra supplies to Swinburne staff.
- You won’t need to interact very much with visitors.
- This position is best suited to our active volunteers.
All volunteers at Open Day must have a current Working with Children Check (WWCC) and have completed the Consent Matters training module.