You may need to organise some of the following supporting documents before you apply:
- certified and translated copies of previous academic results
- proof of your name and citizenship
- certified copy of your academic award(s)
- statement of purpose explaining what you hope to achieve from your studies
- current résumé.
Supporting documentation must be certified as a true and correct copy of the original. We don’t accept photocopies of previously certified documents. Learn more about supporting documents required to apply to Swinburne.
Having trouble applying for a vocational education course? Speak with one of our friendly course advisers by booking a one-on-one appointment.
Important information for vocational education (TAFE) students
If you would like to study TAFE at Swinburne, you’ll need to complete these requirements:
- A pre-training review (PTR) — you’ll need to complete a series of questions to make sure you’re placed in the best course for you.
- Language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) — your language, literacy and numeracy skills will be evaluated. You may need to complete an online assessment when you apply to Swinburne.
- Skills First — this is an interview to help identify if you’re eligible for a government-subsidised place
- Green ID — Swinburne uses a digital ID service.
You’ll need two of the following documents, with at least one photo ID:
- Australian Driver’s Licence
- Australian Passport
- Australian Visa (Foreign Passport)
- Australian Citizenship Certificate
- Medicare Card
- Australian Birth Certificate.
Note: Are you an Australian citizen but don’t have a passport? We will require two forms of identification from you.